Creating strong passwords will help keep your online accounts safe. Here are a few tips for creating a good password, and keeping it safe:
- Your password should be at least 8 characters long and contain at least one number, one upper case and one lower case letter
- Include punctuation marks and numbers. Mix capital and lowercase letters.
- Include similar looking substitutions, such as the number zero for the letter 'O' or $ for the letter 'S'
- Find ways of collecting random letters and numbers, such as the first letters to titles of songs or films
- Don't use repeating characters (aa11)
- Don't use a password that is listed as an example of how to pick a good password!
- Don't reuse the same password across lots of sites
If you forget your password, you can use the forgotten password link on the logon page. After you click this you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to reset your password. To do so you will need to provide the memorable place and date that you entered when you registered. If you have forgotten these details too, please contact us on 0333 222 3733 or at firstname.lastname@example.org